We have a request (full requirements below) from our Fire department to alert on an AVL equipped unit that has been stationary for a defined period of time when on an event.
We'd like to use a built in method where possible as we don't want to custom build something if the functionality is already there or mostly there, I think that if we could get the alerting then items like the trigger radius may be able to be dropped.
Has anyone implemented something like this?
What options are there around alerting for them?
One of the options that we thought might be possible is a unit alarm on any unit that is onroute that hasn't moved in the defined time; is this possible, can the unit alarms work that way?
We are currently running 9.1 but will be moving to 9.3 next year.
1. Pop up warning message on specific terminals
2. Warning to populate after 90 seconds to allow for traffic lights / railway crossings / consulting maps
3. Shows only when an appliance is attached to an event
4. Script does not take effect until an appliance has moved greater than 300m radius from an originating point at XY (to exclude false readings while leaving station, waiting for crew etc)
NB: would like the ability to adjust 300m if insufficient or too great
5. Shows only until an appliance arrives within 300m radius of event at XY location (to allow for incidents located further away from suggested address)
NB: would like the ability to adjust 300m is insufficient or too great
6. Pop up warning message
There are no built in methods and/or functions in CAD configuration that are designed to alert based on a unit not moving for a given time frame. You would have to write that as an entirely custom solution.
Donno C. Cole
Senior Technical Manager, US Public Safety
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure T: +1 703.383.0847 M: +1 703.383.0847 E: donno.cole@HexagonSI.com