TitleName/Agency Point of ContactVersion of EdgeFrontier
Automatically populate the "Talkgroup" field of the Dispatcher application
Brien Foss - South Sound 911
We had a business need to automatically populate the "Talkgroup" field of the Dispatcher client application, with the Radio Talkgroup value.
A Radio Talkgroup is defined by 'X units':
An 'X' Unit is code word for:
"This is not a real unit, this is the radio talkgroup you real live units should be using on the call you are currently dispatched to".
The EdgeFrontier system below leverages the IFCADSQLUpdate command, and updates the following database column on the distinct row represented by the agency_event.num_1 value.
 - log in to the dispatcher client for the target environment
 - create an event
 - dispatch a unit that begins with 'X'. There is usually at least 1 available
 - refresh the view on the event you created, by Event\Select, then search for it... or use the other many ways to 're-view' the event. This is required because the UI does not automatically refresh on its own.
 - ensure the "talkgroup" field is populated with the Unit you dispatched, MINUS the X. Example, dispatching XC2A, would result in C2A being in the Talkgroup field
 - verify correct value is fdound in target database as well (<Your Database Names>)
select aecust1 from agency_event
where num_1 = '<yourEventNumber>'
The psuedocode for what the IFCADSQLUpdate Command is doing would be:
SET aecust1 = ReturnValue_from_Action_TrimStartingXs
WHERE num_1 = [EventArgument].IFCADUnitReport.AgencyEventID