I/Mobile serves as a mobile user interface to I/CAD, empowering remote personnel with abilities to deal with units, events, people, things, and locations.
The I/Mobile software resides in an MDT in a remote unit, connected by radio to I/MDT, the server-based interface to I/CAD.
I/Mobile provides a mechanism to allow:
- The I/CAD operator to provide information (especially dispatches) to the unit with I/Mobile
- The I/CAD System to automatically provide information to the unit
- The I/CAD operator to make inquiries about the I/Mobile unit
- The I/Mobile unit’s operator to provide information to the I/CAD System
- The I/Mobile unit to automatically provide information to I/CAD, such as vehicle location
- The I/Mobile operator to make inquiries from I/CAD
- The I/Mobile operator to make inquiries on external databases such as a vehicle license check
- The I/Mobile operator to communicate with other units