Distribution Network Analysis provides the tools needed to extend power systems analysis by monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing distribution network operations using a combination of real time and historical data for analysis
- Power Flow Analysis provides real-time load flow awareness
Fault Location (FLOC)
- InService and FLOC work together to quickly determine the probable location of electrical faults in the distribution network
- Evaluates real-time data received from the feeder breaker or recloser, fault relays, and the feeder breaker’s response to trial switching operations.
Fault Isolation and Service Restoration (FISR)
- Defines switching actions that enable the operator to efficiently isolate faulted areas of the network and restore service to customers on un-faulted feeder sections, even before repair work begins.
Volt/VAR optimizes the network
- Controls the state of capacitors and step transformers
Allows the voltages and reactive power flows in the network to be optimized